Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl Sunday is Here!

Remember I said I would have 63 points plus to use tonight?  That is only if I stick with my original plan to use 5 points for breakfast and 8 for lunch.  So how am I going to do that?  Let me show you:

Notice the coffee mug - Justin made that in school when he was 11 years old...he knew I liked tropical getaways!
 My breakfast started out as an omelet made with one egg, 1/4 cup of liquid egg whites, onion, green pepper and 1Tbsp of taco blended shredded cheese and one orange cut up to form my morning sunburst.  Unfortunately, I think the liquid egg whites went bad...so as good as it looked and smelled...there was an 'off taste' ...so I threw it all out and started over.  Ugh.  The omelet would have only cost me 4pp (2pp for the egg, 1pp for the egg whites, 1pp for the cheese, 0pp for the veggies)...but instead I fixed an egg on a toasted English muffin with a little ketchup (5pp)...so I'm still on plan.  Eggs for breakfast always keep me going strong right up to lunchtime.

Lunch came upon me by surprise...so I just grabbed a few slices of cheddar cheese (3pp) and 5 Wheatables Crackers (1pp)...that is OK - more points for later ;0)

So here they are...my new favorite way to eat Buffalo Chicken!  No gooey skin, no messy lips and fingers and no yukky bones sitting on my plate!  These Healthy and Spicy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (1pp each - and they were huge) were a really big hit.  I made 5pounds of ground chicken breast into these, and came home with 16meatballs leftover...exactly one pound of them.  Even folks who were not dieting were going back for more of them.



Trust me, the photo does not do these justice...they were large and not dry...nicely spicy but not so hot you couldn't taste any of the other foods.  I will make these again and again.  Thanks, Danica, for the recipe...I got it off of her blog: www.danicasdaily.com!!

I have not logged in my "meal" yet...but from the count I was recording in my head, I didn't use many of my Weekly Allowance Points!  I'll let you know tomorrow.  Hope your night was as fun as mine (us gals watched Secretariat upstairs, but came down for the half-time show and dessert).  What was your favorite commercial?

No comments:

Post a Comment