Sunday, February 13, 2011

Another great day of Week One's Menu!

I love when I'm in a groove - when I feel like I've got my act together, don't you?  Having finally put together Week One's Menu along with a grocery list...done the shopping and now starting to cook some of these recipes...it feels so good.  Yesterday's food was so yummy, it was hard to imagine another great day to follow.

Started out with my 'protein packed' breakfast...two eggs (4pp), a peice of ham (1pp), and a pink grapefruit (0pp).  Eating breakfast like this keeps me from being hungry for hours and gives me loads of energy!  Honestly, after breakfast I cleaned house, cooked, and did 5 loads of laundry all before 2pm...never needed a break!
When I finally stopped for lunch, all I could think of was keeping my fridge from filling up with leftovers, so Justin had some of the leftover Barbacoa Beef in a quesadilla and I ate 2 oz of it on top of 3/4 cup of cilantro lime rice(7pp).  I still can't believe we have more beef leftover for sandwiches tomorrow!  We bought some nice rolls for them and some crusty Italian bread  for our dinner today on the way home from meeting.  I didn't take photos of lunch, sorry.

Dinner tonight was the Chicken and White Bean Chili. I assembled most of it and put it in my new crockpot so it would be hot and ready for us when we returned from our meeting.  When we got home, I chopped the tomato, cilantro, juiced the lime and added the remaining ingredients and left it on high to meld the flavors while I put a quick salad together. 
I wish you could smell my kitchen right now.  The smell and the flavor were really great - too bad the photos don't tell the real story, but hopefully I'll have a beter camera for photos tomorrow.  Grand totals for dinner: Chili (7pp), Salad (0pp) with 1 Tbsp Vidalia Onion Vinegrette (2pp), 2 slices of Italian Bread (4pp) and 1Tbsp Smart Ones Light Spread (1pp)~ ta da: 14pp!!  Really filling comfort food.  Mmmmm.

Tomorrow's fabulous dinner: Danica's Steak and Shrooms!!  We've tried this and loved it, so I'm thrilled to be having it again.


2 comments:

  1. Corinne, Your blog is awesome! I especially like the pictures of all the yummy food combinations and recipes. Thankyou so much for the weeks worth of menus and grocery lists, I know its a lot of work and I appreciate it! I'm so proud of you, not only for your dedication to your weightloss efforts but also for your success at this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Terry! I am really ejoying the process. I have some great recipes in store for next week's menu, too...just banging out the grocery list and it will be posted! Also, I've got a few surprises up my sleeve for the near future, so be sure to keep coming back!

    ReplyDelete