Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cilantro Lime Rice

Cilantro Lime Rice

Servings: 4   Size: 3/4 cup  Points Plus: 5

1 cup Basmati Rice
Juice of 1/2 lime
2 cups water
1 tsp Salt
3 T chopped fresh cilantro
4 tsp vegetable oil, divided

In a pot, bring water to boil.  Add rice, 1 tsp oil, and salt.  Boil on high until most of the water is absorbed - when the water level is at the top of the rice, reduce to low and cover.  Cook for an additional 12-15 minutes.  Turn off heat and leave covered for about 5 minutes.  In the meantime, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, and remaining oil in a large bowl.  Add the rice and stir until completely mixed.  Serve immediately and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Corinne - I just found your blog and I love it. I have to explore it more but I already find it helpfull. Can't wait to try the cilantro lime rice. Sounds great.Thanks so much for your hard work! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Stephanie! The Cilantro Lime Rice is one of my favorites. I also like to make it using Jasmine Rice when I don't have Basmati in the house. It is such a nice side dish with sweet-spicy meat like the Barbacoa Beef or the Asian Glazed Drumsticks.

    ReplyDelete