1.25 lbs Extra Lean Chicken Breast (or can be done with ground turkey breast)
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1/2 a small onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
2-3 Tbsps of your favorite Hot Sauce plus 1 cup (separated)
Sea Salt & Pepper To Taste
1 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 green onion, chopped, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lined a cookie sheet with foil and nonstick spray.
2. Chop all your veggies and combine with the turkey, the 2-3 Tbsp. of hot sauce, sea salt and black pepper.
3. Score your meat mixture into four and divide into 16 meatballs. Place meatballs on the cookie sheet and set aside.
4. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat with Olive Oil. Add meatballs and brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove onto cookie sheet.
5. Put 1/2 cup of hot sauce into a large bowl and add browned meatballs to coat, then put them back onto prepared cookie sheet and finish baking in the oven until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, about 15-20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, toss into remaining 1/2 cup of hot sauce to coat, sprinkle with parsley and green onions.
7. Enjoy as is or serve it up with Low-Fat Ranch, veggies and toothpicks.
Makes 16 meatballs, 4 meatballs per serving.
1PP each or 4PP per serving!