Saturday, April 9, 2011

I'm Back!

Thanks, everybody, for waiting for my return.  I've been temporarily out of commission with some powerful headaches - but thanks to a cute, young Chiropractor - I'm back!  Its not fun growing older and having to admit that the doctors seem to be getting younger and younger...but then again, I can get away with saying that they are cute that way ;0)

So while I was "away" from my blog - I still thought of all of you often.  I occasionally took photos of my plates when I felt up to it, thinking that I'd post...then it wouldn't happen.  When I downloaded all the photos today, I realized that the best part of my days the past couple of weeks was in the early part of the day...all my pictures were of breakfast!  What does that tell you?

Most of my breakfasts start this way:


A toasted whole wheat English muffin (3pp)...
And those of you who have been following me for a while know I'm big on protein with breakfast...so this one has one egg cooked in a non-stick pan sprayed with cooking spray (2pp) and some onion and green peppers. 
Its amazing to me what a difference the veggies make to this sandwich!  Really wakes up a tired old egg!

Never to take a back seat to veggies is fresh fruit -

Oranges, bananas and kiwis...all total 0pp...enough to share, but will I?


You know it!  My guys are not the type to cut up fruit for themselves - sometimes I think they aren't the type to peel it themselves either - but that is for another blogging day ;0)
I spread some chunky peanut butter on this one.  English muffin (3pp), 1 Tbsp peanut butter (3pp) and fresh fruit (0pp, naturally).

Keep in mind that when you make your breakfast on a muffin like this, it becomes totally portable if you have to run out the door quickly to get to work - put the two halves together and eat on the way!  I don't do that often because I get so much more satisfaction from seeing what I am eating and taking the time to taste it and really enjoy it.  You know what I'm talking about, I'm sure!

Last for today is the humble omelet.  This one is a two egg omelet (4pp) with some fresh fruit (0pp) - but with a little surprise in the middle -

A piece of Canadian bacon cut up with some onion and green peppers (1pp) and one slice of Pepper Jack cheese cubed (1pp) for a total of 6pp of whopping fresh goodness that sticks to the ribs all morning!

Two tips on this last one - First, keeping a small container of chopped onion and green peppers - or any combination of fresh veggies you might like in your eggs - in your refrigerator makes a breakfast like this quick and easy.  Second, some of you may be puzzled at the cheese being only one point.  My secret is the "cracker cuts" that you can buy in the supermarkets now...
These happen to be the store brand...but there are name brands available too! Each slice is exactly one point each.  Once you identify products like these and memorize their points plus values, they quickly become a staple in your kitchen.

Well, thanks again for hanging in there with me.  I am anxious to get to the grocery store and replenish my kitchen with good foods and prepare to inspire you with some new recipes!

One final report - our weight loss totals since December 2010:
Corinne - 30.2 lbs
Chuck - 47.4 lbs
Thanks to the WeightWatchers PointsPlus program and lots and lots of support from fellow WeightWatchers like YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment