Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer's First Weekly Menu Posted!

Finally - I am inspired and ready to get back on program!  I have found that the best way to continue to lose weight is to have a plan, stock the house with the appropriate foods for that plan, and to stick with it.  Winging-it does not work for me...but on the contrary...puts weight back on.  So with that in mind, I put together the first of my weekly menus for summer cooking. 

I am still working on the grocery list, which I hope to have together later tonight.  Most of these recipes are new to me, so I don't have photos yet, but will do my best to take pictures of the finished product and post them as I go along.  If you don't have access to a Trader Joe's, you'll have to make a different side dish one night...but by all means, these menus are not written in stone.  If you don't like beans, you'll need to substitute sides a couple of nights, too.  The main point of these menus and the grocery lists is to take some of the planning and thinking out of the process.  There are simply days when I don't have the time or the desire to do the work - so this way I can just choose a menu, print out the grocery list (recipes, too, if you wish)...get the job done and stay on program.  I don't label which days to eat what meals because I like the freedom of choosing what to cook according to what my day is like.  If I'm going to be really busy at work, I'll choose something easy for that evening.  For the weekend, I might choose something that requires a little more creativity in the kitchen.  You get the idea.

One final note:  I had mentioned I'd probably put Grilled Pizzas on this week's menu, but forgot to do it...so if you prefer to make these instead of something on this week's menu - here is a link to a prior post, complete with photos - to help you make them!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Check back later today (Monday) for the complete grocery list for Summer's Week One Menu!

    ReplyDelete