Friday, June 3, 2011

Is your momentum waning? Fight Back!!

You are all awesome!  I am blown away by how quickly this blog has over 10,000 page views, and to see the constant stream of people from all over the world finding this site - there are now people from over 70 countries hitting this blog!  Thanks so much to all of you for spreading the word about eating right!  Don't you just love the momentum associated with WeightWatcher's new PointsPlus program?  I'm loving seeing all the successful people they are using on their ads these days, too.  All I can say is WOW!

But what about if you are not feeling so successful right now?  Lets take time to stop and figure it out.  I'll be the first to admit there are times the momentum seems to wane and the scale doesn't seem to budge.  I have currently hit that wall, and it is frustrating.  I hate paying for WW meetings only to see the number stuck on the scale, or worse yet, the numbers going up.  How Frustrating!!  Is it THEM or is it ME?  With other members still finding success, I have to admit its me.  BUT, what that tells me is that its time to fight back!  I'm worth it. You are too.

I know that when I follow the program - really stick to it - I am successful.  Is it that simple? Yes and No.  There are so many factors that contribute to success.  Tools.  For me, it starts with the Getting Started Booklet.
There is so much inspiration in this booklet - that maybe its time to pull it back out.  Second are the meetings - seeing other people being successful helps fire me up to make that success my own.  Then there are all those bloggers telling us their success stories and providing recipes and photos of what they are eating - I just love the inspiration they provide.  Photos of good food make me want to eat right.


But for me, there is something else that helps me so much.  Weekly Menus.  Having a plan.  Its so easy to just 'wing it' - but winging it doesn't work.  My scale tells me that.  My problem is that the weekly menus I worked hard to create at the beginning of the year don't inspire me in this heat.  I need to make take the time to put together a few "summer" menus to fall back on.  That's right...take time (as in giving myself priority over other things).  For those of you who are not familiar with the reason why I've put menus on this blog - it is my way to take some of the work out of staying on program.  Some weeks I just don't feel inspired.  Some weeks I just don't have time to plan.  Some weeks I just need an "EASY" button...so I click and print a menu and grocery list and Just Do It!  Often, that's enough to get me past a hump in my week.  I posted weekly menus in the tab above so you could take advantage of that, too.  Once I get a few more on this site, you could theoretically be able to choose 4 different menus and not eat the same thing twice in an entire month (except for leftovers you save for lunch).  If my menus aren't for you, just take the time to work up some of your own.  It takes a little time, but it is So Worth It!

So, before I even head out to my meeting today, I am going to commit to putting at least one summer menu on this blog before Monday!  I don't know if I've lost weight, stayed the same, or gained some back (ugh), but I know I'm off track - so I promise you that I'll be back on track and running by Monday!!  Please check back and keep me honest ;0)  I've already decided one item to put on my first summer weekly menu -

Grilled Pizzas!

1 comment:

  1. I went to WW and weighed in - up one pound! Chuck on the other hand was down 3 pounds...not fair! I do all the work, he gets all the benefits. No worries - I have half my recipes together for this week's new summer menu and will have it online for you by Monday - I AM SO INSPIRED!

    Our WW meeting was about being inspired by others at the meeting. Thanks to Marissa who has lost over 280 pounds and attends 7 days of meetings per week! Thanks to the mother/daughter team who have been on fire with their losses! Thanks to those who keep the excitement going - because the plan works! I am so glad I went to today's meeting, even if I gained a pound - I got the inspiration I need to get back on track. Thanks too, to Laura, our energetic leader!!

    ReplyDelete